This page contains useful links to a variety of sites of interest.
Not everything here will appeal to everyone - many of these things
are links to resources on the network.
The following links can be used to find out about purchasing or upgrading
- News about CRiSP and Dtrace and other techo things related to software
- Web blog by the CRiSP / DTrace author with detailed musings on
what is happening in the world related to these products.
- VITAL, Inc. based in the USA.
- Pacemaker Software Ltd, based in the U.K.
None of these links should be construed as an endorsement of
these products or services. The information provided here is as is,
and has been found to be useful by the authors. Whether it is for you
depends on your individual interests.
- Snippets of technology and gadget info provided by viewers of the web
rather than paid for journalists. Can be useful to get early headlines
on interesting technological subjects.
- News about gadgets. Updated frequently during the day.
- News about gadgets. Updated frequently during the day. Very similar to engadget up.
- PowerPC Virtual Machine emulator that can emulate Mac OS X. Brilliant
piece of software if you want to run a Mac on Windows or Linux.
- Home site for the GNU project. Contains pointers to lots of free
software, much of it very useful on its own and for its educational
insights into how real programs work.
- Information on the gzip package and source code for multiple platforms.
- Home site for Perl - source, modules, documentation.
- Alternative browser to Internet Explorer and Netscape/Mozilla. Very good, and
lots of features. Also useful to avoid virus infection on your browser.
- Daily technology newsbytes with a hint of sarcasm.
- Another daily technology newsbytes with a hint of sarcasm.
- VMware is a product for Windows and Linux platforms to support
virtual operating systems (run Linux inside Windows or vice versa.
Excellent product for software development.
- Home of the Dr. Dobbs journal - website containing programming related
articles and announcements.
- Information on the zlib compression and decompression libraries.